Successful Grants Management Covers all the administrative tasks in relation to handling the money, reporting, and program implementation in a way that meets generally accepted standards as well as the requirements of the funding source. Grants management practices should be applied effectively to both external and internal stakeholders and structured in a way that the grantees have the maximized chance of achieving success.
Effective Grants Management Workshop in Manila, Philippines over 5-day interactive training workshop covers grants management & fundraising in depth, going through the entire process of grants management cycle from pre-award to close-out. The attendees will be able to improve their knowledge towards public accountability, efficiency & outcome for grant beneficiaries.
This program is a perfect suit for:
- Grant Management Officers and Coordinators
- Finance and Non-Finance Officers & Managers
- The administrative staff of grant-receiving/ granting organizations
- Project Heads, Officers, Managers, Coordinators and Assistants of Donor Funded Projects
- Anyone involved in the administration of grants or grant-funded programs.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Handle Grant Pre-Award Activities
- Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions while providing supporting documents
- Oversee Post-Award Operation and Close-out Duties
- Manage multiple-funded programs;
- Prepare a donor financial report and match it with a project narrative report;
- Understand the phases of the grant management cycle
- Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant;
- Manage the relationship with donors in a highly efficient manner.
- Introduction to Grants Management & Key related Terminology
- Grants Management and Project Development
- Grants, Contracts, Cooperative Agreements & Subcontracts
- In-Kind, Standard & Mixed Grants
- Pre-Award Activities: Planning & Proposal Submission
- Drafting & Developing the Proposal
- Overview of Grant Award and Post Award Activities: Implementation, M&E, Amendments, and Reporting
- Budgeting & Types of costs
- Grant Award Contract, Types & Contents
- Award Review
- Fundraising Tips
- Implementation & Compliance
- Internal Control in Grants Management
- Eligible and Ineligible Costs
- Cost Share/ Matching costs & Procurement Procedures,
- Grant Tracking Tools & Cost Eligibility
- Program evaluation
- Amendment time, Costs & Activities
- Grant Reporting, Financial Documentation, and Internal Control
- Audit, Narrative Reporting, Partnerships & Consortia Management
- Donor Compliance, Personnel & Staff Issues
- Contracts, Travel Time Sheets, Per Diem & Itinerary assigning
- Asset & Inventory Management
- Co-Financing & Multi-Donor Funding
- Indirect Costs & Contingencies
- Close-Out Procedures
Day 5 – Practical Session – Knowledge Reinforcement
The last day of the program will entirely be dedicated to the practical session. Training participants will have the chance to apply theoretical knowledge gained to real-life simulations and deepen their understanding of selected topics through group work and functional exercises.
The practical session will involve guest speakers with deep domain expertise in grants management and accountability. They will share their tips and best practices for successful grants management and speak about how their experience might relate to participants’ current challenges in their work roles.
Effective Grants Management Workshop in Manila, Philippines is a short-term extensive training course with a highly practical focus. The presenter will apply modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentations, group discussions, individual assignments, practical exercises, and case studies.
Moreover, the sessions will be enriched with multiple video demonstrations and involve panel discussions with guest speakers/field experts to maximize delegate engagement and endorse a practical approach.
At the end of each session, the trainer will request feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure a clear and comprehensive understanding of the material covered for delegates.
Program Dates: 01 – 05 November 2021
Venue: Ramada by Wyndham Manila Central
Program Fee: US$2950
Fee Covers: Visa support (complimentary), Airport Pickup, Accommodation, City guide, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Program Experts fee, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.