This course focuses on the concepts and procedures used in discovering and applying the spatial relationships within and among maps. It extends the mapping and geo-query capabilities of GIS technology to map analysis and construction of spatial models. This program has been designed for participants to develop their skills using the Open Source Geographic Information System (GIS) software package Quantum GIS (QGIS) as a more cost-effective alternative to commercially available GIS packages such as ArcGIS and MapInfo.
GIS Mapping & QGIS Training in Abu Dhabi, UAE is the best suite for:
- GIS Users and Experts
- Geographers and Cartographers
- Surveyors and Planners
- M&E Professionals.
- To enable participants to develop practical skills in QGIS for more robust ecological decision-making and best practice purposes
- To explain the importance of the application of GIS in ecological decision-making
- To enable participants to become familiar with the main functionality of QGIS
- To teach participants simple techniques to enable them to build, manage and analyze ecological datasets
- To demonstrate how basic field survey data may be captured and imported into QGIS
- To teach participants how to produce map layouts for inclusion in reports.
- The types, components and capabilities of GIS
- Spatial Data Types and Coordinate Systems
- Spatial Data Infrastructure
- The importance of ecological decision-making being based on spatially accurate ecological data through the application of GIS;
- Project setup;
- Setting geographical coordinates for your data frame (georeferencing);
- Adding Raster and Vector data to your Project;
- Managing Raster and Vector data
- Creating and editing spatial data
- Getting to know your way around QGIS
- Data analysis
- Looking at data at different scales
- Techniques to produce map layouts for inclusion in reports using Print Composer.
GIS Mapping & QGIS Training in Abu Dhabi, UAE focuses on developing hands-on skills through individual computer-based practical sessions as opposed to group demonstrations. The computer-based practical sessions will be complemented by open presentations, a brief field exercise and several group assignments.
Program Dates: 13 – 17 September 2021
Venue: Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Abu Dhabi
Program Fee: US$2250
Fee Covers: Visa support (complimentary), Airport Pickup, Accommodation, City guide, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Program Experts fee, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.