In today’s multiplex environment, where numerous environmental factors change rapidly and continuously, the concept of procurement management has become eclectic. In order to meet elevated demand and remain competitive, procurement managers need to be agile, well-informed and skilled, enabling them to develop strategic and proactive procurement management strategies and form fruitful and mutually beneficial contracts.
Advanced Procurement Management & Strategic Negotiations Workshop in Pokhara, Nepal has been designed specifically for the professionals in procurement, sourcing and purchasing fields supporting them through addressing contemporary challenges and increased market requirements.
The program is suitable for:
- Senior and Mid-Level Supply Chain Managers and Executives
- Procurement Managers & Senior Officers
- Purchasing Managers, Senior Officers and Specialists
- Contract Administration Managers & Officers
- Project Managers, Engineers & Officers
- Finance Professionals
- Manufacturing Managers & Senior Buyers
- Sourcing Professionals.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Prepare long, medium and short-term procurement strategic & operational plans
- Lead and manage the implementation of the procurement strategies and plans
- Demonstrate the ability of strategic thinking and innovation
- Support enhanced supplier contribution and performance
- Improve the system of communication and stakeholder management.
- The role of Procurement in the Organization
- The concept of Strategic & Operational Procurement Management
- Total Value Analysis
- Crafting Procurement Strategies, Plans and Programs
- Linking Procurement to Organizational Strategy
- Leadership in Procurement
- Optimizing Procurement Productivity.
- Interrelated Factors Impacting Procurement
- Developing constructive procurement organization, policies, systems and procedures
- Required procurement manpower: composition, competency & quantity
- Procurement of Materials, Services and Capital Equipment
- Managing purchasing operations
- Managing project procurement
- Developing Supplier Relationships
- Strategic Sourcing Issues.
- Budgeting & Costing along the Value Chain
- Fixed and Variable Costs
- Direct and Indirect Costs
- Contribution Margin
- Managing and Evaluating Department Performance
- Centralized vs Decentralized Procurement
- Distributing Workload Among Buyers
- End User Surveys
- Setting Procurement KPIS.
- Procurement Excellence
- Sourcing Strategy
- Critical Supply Strategy
- Tactical and Strategic Sourcing
- Risk Management in Procurement
- Framework for Contract Risk Management
- International Supply Chains and Competitive Advantage.
- Negotiating with Suppliers
- Qualities of good Negotiator
- Things to do before, during and after Negotiation
- The right time for negotiations
- Right Number of Suppliers to Negotiate with
- Supplier Selection Procedures
- Innovative Purchasing Methods
- Monitoring & Evaluating the procurement process
- IT Systems in Procurement
- Managing procurement information management system
- Detecting Fraud
- Training Needs of Procurement Personnel.
The methodology applied throughout the course of the program will encourage the maximum participation of all attendees. The sessions will be led using an interactive contemporary adult learning approach. The tools deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, video examples, individual assignments and case studies. On the last day of the session, practical exposure visit will be arranged in order to observe the factual appliance of theoretical base covered.
Program Dates: 20 – 24 December 2021
Venue: Hotel Dandelion
Program Fee: US$2950
Fee Covers: Visa support (complimentary), Airport Pickup, Accommodation, City guide, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Program Experts fee, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.