Total Quality Management (TQM) is a system adopted by customer-focused organizations. It rests on the principle of employee empowerment, where each team member in every department can maintain high standards and strive for continuous improvement. In an organization with TQM, the advancement takes place through a commitment to fulfilling customer requirements. TQM seeks to provide long-term success by attaining unmatched customer satisfaction levels through the constant delivery of quality services and products.
This training program has been designed to provide its participants a comprehensive understanding of the quality concept, its history, development, and tools. It puts particular emphasis on quality systems applications, models, and methodologies. The knowledge acquired throughout the course of the program can help you broaden the scope for your career progression in quality management and contribute to organizational growth and development. Upon the successful completion of the program, delegates will be equipped with the required skillset to work with advanced tools and methodologies to set up TQM systems.
This Training on Total Quality Management Tools in Tokyo, Japan is the best suit for:
- Quality Managers and Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Senior Level HR Professionals
- Internal and External Auditors
- General Managers and C-Level Staff
- Anyone Engaged in Organizational Performance Improvement.
Upon the successful completion of this training program, the participants will be able to:
- Comprehend various quality concepts and frameworks and appreciate the importance of quality models;
- Promote organizational growth and development by delivering better quality;
- Determine the success elements of TQM Deployment;
- Work with advanced tools and concepts to set up TQM systems across the organization;
- Utilize TQM to enhance customer satisfaction levels;
- Refine Organizational Processes by applying different improvement methodologies.
- Understanding Quality and Quality Models
- The History and the Definition of Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Why implement a Quality Model? Assessing the Costs of Poor Quality
- TQM and ISO 9001
- Critical Success Factors and Principles of TQM
- Quality Basics and Definitions
- Deming’s fourteen points
- Juran’s quality trilogy
- Crosby’s zero-defect mindset
- Six Sigma methodology
- Lean principles, 5S and Poka Yoke
- Phases of TQM: Planning, Doing, Checking, Acting
- TQM Tools: Benchmarking and Failure analysis
- TQM Tools: PDCA Cycle and Process Management
- TQM Tools: Product Design Control and Statistical process control
- TQM Elements: Ethics, Integrity, Trust, and Training
- TQM Elements: Teamwork, Leadership, Recognition, and Communication
- Selecting the right model for your organization
- Steps for Implementing TQM
- Strategic quality management and strategic thinking
- Quality Improvement tools and methodologies
- 7 Quality Control Tools
- Cause-and-Effect Diagram, Check Sheet, Control Charts, and Histogram
- Pareto Chart, Scatter Diagram, and Stratification
- Tree Diagrams and Forced Field Analysis
- Process Mapping
- Lean Thinking and Six Sigma
- Continuous Improvement and Kaizen
- The PDCA and A3 Methodology
- Process Thinking
- Eliminating the Non-Value Added
- Measuring quality management strategy achievement
- Approaches to control the quality
- Using Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Examples of quality KPIs
- Types of Measures
- Quality dashboard
- The balanced scorecard for the quality department
- TQM Challenges and Common Failure Factors
Day 5 – Full Day Study Tour
Total Quality Management – Japanese Perspective
- Visit to a local Company with active TQM
- Meeting with the representatives of host company and discussion of their journey toward quality excellence – How TQM principles and knowledge have been adopted in practice.
- Knowledge Share: Why TQM? Processes Before and After Implementing it
- Harnessing the Culture of Quality – Practical Guidance.
Training on Total Quality Management Tools in Tokyo, Japan is a 5 Days’ intensive training program that is designed to be highly interactive and places particular emphasis on the practical application of the material covered. The instructor employs a blended-learning approach where presentation is complemented by case studies, group assignments, exercises, game-based simulations, and video demonstrations. On the last day of the program, the participants will have the possibility to meet the professionals from organizations with active TQM in place and learn more about their experiences.
Program Dates: 21 – 25 March 2022
Venue: Hotel Niwa Tokyo
Program Fee: US$6890
Fee Covers: Visa support (complimentary), Airport Pickup, Accommodation, City guide, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Program Experts fee, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.